Rossendale Radio Valley Community Stars
New Year is the time when everybody starts to make resolutions – you might be losing weight, stopping smoking – maybe even putting a few pennies away for something special. And very good luck to you if you are!!
But as we start afresh in 2021 – lots of people in our community are doing those little things not for themselves, but to make our community just that little bit more special. And it is a pretty special place I’m sure you’ll agree! They’ve been making their resolutions for the rest of us.
The Rossendale Radio Breakfast teams are looking for our Valley Community Stars – those people who give that little bit extra day to day. The unsung heroes, the ones who go a little bit under the radar.
Examples might be:
- · Someone organising some litter picking in your area
- · A local business who has gone the extra mile to deliver to your door with a smile
- · A volunteer spending time checking in on elderly local residents
- · A neighbour who always lends a hand getting the bins in
- · A local musician offering free online concerts through the lockdown
- · Someone who has set up food bank or donation point to help families in need
- · A brother or sister who has assisted with home schooling their younger sibling
- · A person who has offered to get a neighbours shopping if they’re shielding
- · A friend who has taken the time to give you a call to check in on you
The list of good deeds going on around the Valley is endless - and we’d love to hear about them!
Every morning throughout January between 8am and 9am on Valley Breakfast or the Weekend DoJo we’ll be giving a special mention to all those who are giving a little to help a lot and sending them a special thank you from the station.
If you have somebody in mind that you wish to nominate then you can
WhatsApp 07400 57 1047
or get in contact through our Facebook page.
Let us know who the Community Stars are in the Valley!
January Winners... the story so far...... (follow them for updates and to keep supporting their great work)
Jenson Bork - for raising over £1500 for Oldham Neonatal Unit
Rossendale Responsible Animal Rescue - for setting up Pet Food Banks across the Valley
Rossendale Food Box Scheme - for setting up food banks and toiletries donations points
Matt Rynn - for setting up Head Quarters, a mental health organisation in Ramsbottom
Stacksteads Countryside Park Group - for litter picking, planting across the valley and organising Remembrance and Christmas displays
Rossendale Community Support Network - for keeping our community linked up with help across the Valley
In This Together - for great Food Bank management
Kids In Rossendale - for organising amazing events and fundraisers to keep our younger residents cared for, healthy and happy