Bleakholt Plant Drive
Want to grow some plants at home all for a good cause?
Rossendale Radio are very proud to be supporting our friends over at Bleakholt Animal Sanctuary in Edenfield. They do amazing things to re-home furry friends looking for their forever people but until that happens they take wonderful care of them; housing them, feeding them and keeping them happy and healthy. One of the things the humans at Bleakholt are hoping to do is develop the grounds to allow for plants and herbs that animals naturally seek out when they’re feeling under the weather. Whether it’s anxiety, itchiness or tummy upsets there are green solutions that the animals instinctively munch on to feel better. If you can help by growing and donating any of these plants to Bleakholt then please do get in touch. They’re looking for things like…..
- Catnip: not just for cats! This has relaxation properties and stimulates playfulness in dogs
- Chamomile: dogs suffering from anxiety or skin/stomach upsets will be attracted to this plant’s scent
- Clary sage: good calming plant for highly strung animals and those with hormonal imbalance
- Hops: a calming plant often selected by hyperactive and stressed dogs
- Lavender: helps to reduce anxiety and other nervous conditions
- Marshmallow: known to help animals with delicate stomachs
- Meadowsweet: often selected by dogs with digestive problems, arthritis and rheumatic conditions
- Mint: good for cooling properties and will often be selected by dogs who suffer from skin irritations
- Thyme: chosen by animals with bacterial infections, skin irritations and diarrhoea
- Valerian: often selected by anxious dogs for its calming effect